Thursday, August 20, 2015

To be 16 again

The summer after turning 16 I worked for an ice cream/dessert style restaurant. The MN chain is still in operation today. Our uniforms back then made us girls look like candy stripers. Short pastel colored dresses, little lacy white apron. white knee high stocking, and men would come in, all ages, eat ice cream desserts and drink coffee... and flirt... and flirt... and flirt some more... And then tip us girls, more commonly than not, $5-$10 per table... for dessert and coffee.

Now...

Somewhere there was a meeting. People decided what these uniforms looked like, and who should be wearing them.

My coworkers and I were all girls in between 16-24(ish) years old.

I loved my uniform. I loved the short bouncy dress I wore.

I loved it every day I went shopping!

Which reminds me...

I need to go to the bank later today and deposit some checks!

No comments:

Post a Comment