Sunday, August 23, 2015

One Guinness, one Cabernet Sauvignon, please!

On Friday, March 27, 2015...

I blogged 'You Can't Win', a book (actor) Steve Buscemi, mentioned in a Reddit, interview.

Buscemi, is one my favorite actors.

Following the March blog, I discovered the downtown library has 'You Can't Win' on it's shelf...

Only to further learn that while the library has the book on it's shelf, due to the book's rarity, it's a reference book only. Meaning the book never leaves the library. You can read it, but not check it out.

I can't read in the library. Not the downtown library anyway. They pump tryptophan (or something!) in the air vents. I'll read two sentences and suddenly get very sleepy. Every time.

'You Can't Win' was written in the 1920's. I only trust the library copy to be the true copy.

So, apparently...

This guy, back in the 20's, a victim of poverty and circumstance decides to rob and kill people, and then wrote a book about robbing and killing people, thus arrested and spending time in jail, where I presume he found time to write this book!

Much like how one day I'll write a book about my (botched! and) debauched revolutions. Under a nom de plume, of course.

And...

I really (really!) wish news reporters would stop referring to Jared as "abused his wealth and privilege".

$15 million dollars, "wealth" does not make! An NHL hockey team is estimated at $240 million dollars. It takes WEALTH to own a hockey team! $509 million to own an NBA team!

I don't know why it bothers me so much news reporters keep calling that creep "wealthy and privileged". Fuck that guy.

I'm so tired hearing about him.

Seriously.

Makes my head hurt.

Makes me sick.

And so..,

In the meantime...

I recently wandered, alone, through Malibu's (dying gardens of) Getty Villa. Trying to clear my head.

Due to Southern California's drought, the Getty Villa, stopped watering it's gardens, and let all but two small waiting pools, dry up.

Still...

The architectural structures are always worth seeing, and witnessing the Villa's magnificent gardens slowly die, is well, kind of poetic, especially since you can see the ocean across PCH from the second tier of the gardens...

Beautiful misery...

Reminds me of my dad's widow, in a way. I think of her roaming from room to room in their (her) big house. Big empty quiet house. Heartbroken.

I told her to keep the house full of her grandchildren... But that only seemed to make her more sad.

There truly is nothing you can say.

She just sounded so... sad.

Her grandson just moved to Los Angeles, from MN, (good luck, kid!) Hopefully my dad's widow will visit her grandson soon. I would love to take her to a nice tea house in Beverly Hills, for tea and cakes. Just two fashionably dressed ladies, enjoying the day, forgetting the world for a while. I don't know if men will ever understand the calm of a nice cup of (proper) tea... low fat milk, of course. I don't use sugar. I'm Asian, not British! To me, sugar is to tea, what salt is to (everything!)

A good blend of loose tea doesn't require milk or sugar!

Anyway...

I'm currently drinking a margarita!

And

Hey!

Hockey season starts in a couple months!

Preseason event...

October 2nd is the Luc Robitaille, celebrity poker frozen-fury tournament at MGM GRAND.

$500 buy-in.

See (you guys) there?

No comments:

Post a Comment