Saturday, November 26, 2016

Everyone's a pro

Even the guy who crunches numbers for a living, if he has a search engine, he's suddenly a medical professional.

You can get Hep B vaccination at any age as long as there isn't a (current) strain of it in your blood. Back in *2004, I shared a coworkers fork a few times sharing a quick meal. Within that year my coworker told me she tested positive for Hep B and that I should get tested. The doctor who performed my test, while waiting for my results, asked why I was getting tested. I explained to him the situation with my coworker. My test result came back positive. The doctor told me the Hep B strain was so tiny it could only have come from sharing a toothbrush or a fork with someone, i.e. my coworker. The doctor said not to worry, I didn't require medication, or any medical attention, and the strain would disappear on its own, leaving only a trace of its existence.

See, doctors, health care professionals, actually know what they're talking about!

In 2008, I got a job feeding elderly people. This job required me to get FBI fingerprinted, and ran blood tests, testing me for HIV, hepatitis, etc., and even polio. My Hep B test came back negative but there was a tiny trace of its past existence though not "active". I was able to continue working with the elderly. The doctors at (this) laboratory told me my new place of employment offers Hep B vaccination. For me, in 2008, the vaccination was a series of three shots. I got the first shot at the laboratory, the second shot three days later, and the third shot two weeks later. Is the vaccination bullet proof? No. I already had a tiny strain of it four years prior, but why risk ANYTHING giving or receiving??

Are eggs good for you? Milk? Who knows?! When did humans become allergic to gluten?!

So...

Much as I would LOVE to listen to people (not medical professionals) talk about diseases, prevention, and (if any) cure. I'm going to continue listening to my health care professionals who are agreeable with one another.

FYI: You can have trace strain of Hep B in your blood and still donate blood to Red Cross, or at least you used to, you just can't have "active" Hep B. So there's my contribution to morning scare!

Regardless...

You're wearing a condom. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment