Friday, May 16, 2014

Salami, flying everywhere!

I just awoke from the strangest dream. I never remember my dreams so I'm quickly writing this one down!

In the dream, I had an adorable tiny hamster, and a very cute tiny fluffy duck the same size.

They both shared the same cage. I hate that word, cage. Let's call it their house. In their house were hamster wheels, beautifully painted little ceramic houses, platforms, ramps, a little pool, their house was very nice; but they also had clear mobile hamster balls to cruise around my house in. 

(So, it seems) I cut up many little slices of cheese and salami as a treat for the hamster and duck, and place the slices in their house; but the hamster, being quicker than the duck, managed to get all the slices of cheese and salami into his (or her) hamster wheel. The genders of duck and hamster were never determined.  

So the hamster had all the cheese and salami in it's hamster wheel, and then began running in the wheel as hamsters do, cheese and salami started flying all over their little house!

I tried picking up the hamster so it would stop running in the wheel, to then collect all the slices of cheese and salami, but the hamster was not going to be handled just then, and ran in the wheel faster. I therefor decided picking up the cheese and salami that had flung out of the wheel a better decision, giving half to the duck (because apparently ducks like cheese and salami... ??) 

The duck was in one of the blue ceramic houses. I put the flung slices of cheese and salami in front of the house, but the hamster was once again too fast and greedy. The hamster, too quick for my hands, stole back every slice of cheese and salami back into the hamster wheel, and began running again!

Cheese and salami all over the place!! 

I decided there was no sharing the cheese and salami between duck and hamster, and determined to put the hamster in a hamster ball, let the hamster run all over my house until the duck was finished with it's treat of cheese and salami.

(And then I woke up.)

Wow.

Okay then.

I have never owned a duck or hamster. And though I rarely eat salami, on pizza like maybe once or twice a year, I do serve it, and prosciutto, with other meats and cheese with wine, which as we all know I drink!

It seems I was trying to turn the hamster and duck into drinking friends, which I guess isn't entirely not something I would do!

No comments:

Post a Comment