Saturday, November 16, 2013

Static Yellow Tint

The 70's are making a comeback. The vibe. The fashion. The static yellow tint filters. The shady mirror chroma, bell bottom scammers. The righteous pump their veins with a sick weary angst. The battle of good and evil swirl under the disco-technology of a heavy fat bass lick.

And,

For a while I've been pondering a Friday Night Fights event.

Back in my early ad days I knew a certain astro large "sports entertainment manager" continuously trying to organize other managers for an all new girls "foxy" boxing association. I still have shorts and gloves that were given to me as a gift.

But because of all the past aka "fake" sexy girl boxing matches,

People really wanted to see girls beat the hell out of each other!

The slogan back in its day was,

"Draw blood, get paid!"  

The concept was ahead of it's time.

Today, with all these guys smack talking each other, makes me wonder,

Is it time to get in the ring, boys?

Girl fights.

Guy fights.

I can haz trainers and promoters!   

Grudge matches!

A place where all the "talkers" can become "walkers" and get in the ring! Call out your opponent, invite them for 5 rounds, no holds barred,

"Draw blood, get paid!"

I'll hype the Shaft out of it!

Oh. And. Of. course. I'll keep it "legit". 

And to make certain it stays legit, naturally, I'll manage you and your opponent. Anyone know where I can get a Cochese Sabotage Don King wig? My hair just won't go that way on it's own, I've tried!    

I need a cool "sports entertainment manager" name,  

And cooler shady mirror chroma sunglasses.

Ladies and gentleman,

Nothing sells love like a little war.

Think about it.


We're gonna stimulate some action;
We're gonna get some satisfaction.
We're gonna find out what it is all about.
After midnight, we're gonna let it all hang down.


--- Clapton, After Midnight

No comments:

Post a Comment