Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Byron

Not one straight answer. 48 hours later no one can give me a straight answer. 

He was only 52 years old. He died in his sleep. And this is acceptable to you? 

“He was anorexic. He stopped eating.”

And you know this because you supposedly witnessed this yourselves, but did nothing? 

Know many 52 year old successful anorexic men, do ya?

Thank you Beth, Paul, and Brian, for talking me off the proverbial ledge all day. I got a hard night ahead of me. 

Such bullshit. 

I don’t know what’s worse, the fact these guys called him a friend up until he died and now suddenly they don’t know him anymore, or the fact he lived across the street from his parents, and saw his brothers every weekend, and had friends in Pennsylvania who lived nearby, and NOBODY thought to observe, “Hey Byron keeps losing weight. Maybe we should find out WTF’s going on.”

Even if I thought he sounded skinny through text or phone calls who would I call exactly, the assholes who saw him every week but did nothing? 

Byron has money. Lots of it. He’s long divorced. No wife or children. His brothers have executive order over their parents dwindling health, so...

You do the math. 

Byron never said anything nice about his brothers EVER and you all know it. Byron didn’t talk shit about anyone. Only them. What does that tell you? 

The only reason Byron’s brother called me was to see what the nature of our friendship was. And quite possibly to see if I would challenge him on anything. 

Hand to god I’m tempted.

All these people around Byron every day...

And NO ONE could pretend to care? So long as he kept making people money, until depression or who knows what overwhelmed him, then suddenly he was worth more dead than alive? 

And I love all the people who were his roommates, band mates, friends he grew up with in Santa Barbara and Hollywood, friends who were invited and went with us to his WEDDING even, suddenly don’t know him anymore? WHAT!

“Sorry for your loss.”

It’s your loss too, assholes!

I definitely know who my friends are. They’ve all proven themselves in the last 48 hours. 

It’s your loss too.

The boy king of Hollywood. ❤️
                                  

My buck tooth brother.❤️


You’re in a much better place. 




No comments:

Post a Comment