Wednesday, July 15, 2015

A new form of midlife crises?

He was blowing up my phone.

"I'm not really into texting and talking on the phone.," I politely tell him. "I'm a face to face kind of girl. Too much cell activity turns me off. Let's try to connect over the weekend. Meet at the beach or something?"

To which he ignored, and continued blowing up my phone with text messages.

He's a grown adult man, over 40 years old. He acts like text messages give him orgasms and money. Wait. DO they give him orgasms and money?

I nudged him again, "I'll connect with you over the weekend. Have a great week!"

But he just kept texting me all week long. I ignore them hoping he'll get the hint.

He text me again at 11:30pm last night.

"Ok. Enough. This isn't going to work out." I text back.

He replies, "Sorry if I woke you. I text you last night, then put the phone in the other room so I'm not disturbed. I just assumed everyone does this."

You're an idiot. If you don't want to be disturbed by the phone at 11:30pm, what makes you think I do?

I keep the phone by my bed in case family and friends have an emergency.

Text messages have become the midlife crises of men, like emoji abuse has become the midlife crises of 30-something year old women.

What happened to fast cars and younger boyfriends/girlfriends? Is this not acceptable midlife crises material anymore? I think you'll find those diversions more enjoyable than emoji's and texting!

No comments:

Post a Comment