Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Kowalski's and Caribou - part V

Caribou's, is the Starbucks of MN.

When meeting someone in MN for the first time, regardless of the weather, you meet at Caribou's.

On this particular morning it was 23 degrees out. I've got CA blood now, and even though Caribou's is directly across the street from my hotel - oh you betcha I wore hat and mittens.

The coffee house was busy. Like Starbucks on a Saturday morning in L.A.

In the short walk crossing the street from my hotel to Caribou's, my hands felt like they were frozen even inside the mittens.

In the warmth of Caubou's, I took one mitten off and it dropped to the ground. A very nice man picked up my mitten before I even noticed it dropped, and handed it back to me.

That was incredibly nice. I thanked him. Both he and the girl he was with were super friendly.

Very sweet.

And,

Very attractive.

Both of them.

I wanted to invite them out for a glass of wine.

I didn't of course.

For me, regarding couples, being nice, warm, friendly and sweet, means so much more to me than being "hot" or "fit" or "upscale". If you are the latter mentioned, that's just a bonus of amazing luck but never the initial attraction.

If you start off saying, "We're hot, fit, and sexy" it just translates into, "We're selfish, arrogant dicks. You don't want to meet us." And thanks to public forums, it's generally true.

You can't sell nice.

Kindness isn't meant to be sold.

The only way to meet couples is just by hanging out, but you can't really identify yourself, or each other, out in public this way either, so...

Once upon a time I did the online legwork meeting people. But with the growth of social networking, public forums, meeting people this way is such a turn off.

Oh yeah, right. I remember them. They wrote that disparaging rant about single girls, and then wonder why they can't find single girls.

Geniuses, I tell ya.

I rather travel 350 miles to hang out with people I really enjoy, than risk meeting "hot, fit, upscale" strangers within 5 miles of me who already sound like people I would never want in my house.

Receiving emails from swinger couples in Los Angeles, is a horror/freak show of arrogance, anger, and begging. And I all I can do is just open the emails, read them, and then,

Take some aspirin,

And,

Log off.

Today,

In about 6 hours I'll be having lunch... I don't know... Somewhere.

See you there?

Or,

Maybe,

One day,

At a wine bar, beach, Getty, Vegas, New York, Paris, on an airplane, or...

No comments:

Post a Comment