Sunday, April 13, 2014

Nymphomaniac Vol. II



Just saw it. Congratulations.

Vol. II is more of a film and less of an artsy experimental. It does go into (whatever you call men who hit women and refer to it as a “no-sex experience” meaning no penetration) and I know girls who love being spanked, hit, slapped, whipped and beaten (solely) by men. They do this act not for money, but for something else I am unable to connect and/or relate to beyond a psychological level. If you’ve ever taken a psych class, you know women find reclamation in many different and at times painful ways. People seek out learning their limits, immaturely through the physical, maturely through the psychological.   

In the scenes where Joe (the woman telling her story) is getting smacked around by K – the movie lost me. No appeal.

Getting hit, plus no penetration, by my definition, is not sexual, is not sexy, it’s just abuse. If I did that to someone, beat them for no particular reason other than to cause them pain, in order for me to even fathom going there, I would have to disregard you as a human being, as a living breathing creature, and in doing so, disregard myself as one also, and I certainly wouldn’t get off on it systematically I’m too intelligent. I see myself mid-swing and then wonder what the fuck I was doing, and why, eventually settling on the whole involvement as idiotic. Not saying penetration makes being beaten understandable, just less not comprehensible on an intellectual level. After all, rape has nothing to do with sex. Very little sex (if any) in this day and age has to do with sex. It’s not a bad thing. Just be honest what you use it for, falsely or not. Procreation? Money? Power? Fame? Escapism? Revenge? Boredom? Ego? Entitlement? Because really if you just want to get off, we adults have mastered this technique without requiring so much as a partner. Look at all the sex shops; masturbation is the only industry besides L.A. Fitness keeping up with Starbucks.  

America works out, so you'll masturbate thinking about us, and then binge on caffeine to stay in the ring a few extra rounds. 

America wants you to masturbate and who are we to not be patriotic!       

Anyway,

Nymphomaniac Vol. II does tell a story, a very good story.

Go see it, if for no other reason than to learn why Joe was found beat-up in the alley in Vol. I.

Vol. II explains it.

 
P.S. ever have this? It's called Eggs Mondaire
 
Ignore the potatoes.
 
Eggs Mondaire is eggs benedict with sliced tomato, bacon, and spinach.
 
If anyone needs me I'll be in a food coma until Monday night.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment