Thursday, April 17, 2014

Fu

PHO, rather.
 
Lunch.
 
 
 
I just got back from Korea Town/Larchmont. I was looking at a rental there, super small but perfect for my art space so I can get back to drawing. Due to my arthritic condition I can only hold a pencil for about 10-15 minutes at a time. Models will need to be comfortable with me taking reference shots rather than working with them live. And of course models are paid. I don't know who started the trend of not getting paid for your work -- get paid!   
 
 
 
 
The space I looked at in Korea Town is next to Bobby London. I think I would like to make Bobby London my drinking spot when working in the studio. It's still open yes? I've heard a lot of rumors about Bobby London, such as you can't get in if you're not Korean. But as it happens I am Korean. Maybe I'll be able to drink there too, provided they don't hear me talk!
 
The woman showing me the rental must have been Korean also. She hugged me when I said goodbye. Or she could have just been a very, very friendly lady.. ?
 
I gave up my life love of drawing last year. It just hurt my hand too much. But I miss drawing. Not to be dramatic, but sometimes it's agonizing how much I miss drawing. When I think of all the criticisms and labors I went through all my life just to get pieces into art exhibits, only for the love of drawing...
 
And...  
 
I think of Rick, my childhood friend who died last Thanksgiving...
 
 
Life is just too short.
 
Where there's a will there's a way! 
 
Make it happen!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment