Sunday, February 23, 2014

Knockemstiff. The end

Just finished reading Knockemstiff . You can't eat or drink anything while reading this book - ever.  

Donald Ray Pollock is (in my opinion) a literary prodigy of Charles Bukowski. Like Bukowski, Pollock writes about the scummiest, dirtiest, lowlife people having sex, urinating, pooping, bleeding, killing people, committing suicide, molesting, incesting, raping, torturing, boozing, drugging, beating, robbing, sometimes all at once! etc., all in fine tuned detail. The way Pollock describes his characters and their actions, are the precise metaphors of all the ugliness of today's hypocritical self proclaimed entitled assholes. 

"Praise me!! Love me!! Adore me!!... wait, wait ... But only the way I want you to!! And you suck as human beings if you don't do it just right!!"

Yep. Whatever you say there, Jackson.

Love this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment