Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Veggie Omelette Breakup

What is the protocol for leaving a restaurant when the couple sitting at the table next to yours, is breaking up?

This morning,

We just got to the restaurant, sat down at our table, and opened our menus, when it suddenly became obvious the couple sitting next to us was having a fight; but not just a fight ... a breakup fight.

Awkward.

I wanted to leave but we stayed.

It became even more awkward when she started crying, loudly, blowing her nose, and making wounded puppy sounds. It was horrible. Ever see American Psycho with Christian Bale? The restaurant breakup scene? It was like that. But worse. And instead of stopping the fight, her boyfriend decided flexing his "machismo" in public was a better idea, scolding her by strutting, "What! What! you want to do this here? Huh? Huh? You want to do this here! Now! Right now?! Huh? Ok! Ok lets go! Lets go! What do you have to say?!"

I wanted to raise my hand; Um, excuse me, I have something I want to say to you! But my friend wouldn't let me.

Had this jerk gotten out of his chair to advance his girlfriend in any hostile way, my (male) friend would have had this creep by the collar! 

It's so simple.

"I'm sorry."

That's it. That's all you have to say.

 I don't know any man who isn't sorry for making a girl cry during a verbal argument.

Just say, "I'm sorry." with an ounce of compassion. But her boyfriend wouldn't. I don't know what they were fighting about, and I don't care. All I know is once someone starts crying especially in public, in a restaurant, there's a million things you can say to try to comfort the situation, but screaming at her, "What?! What?! You got issues, honey! What's your problem!" isn't going to work.
I know. Shocker.

Creep.

I was going to make another foodie blog, but ...

Horoscope for today.

LATIMES.com for Capricorn


"You're quite confident today, but an unexpected event might require you to put your perspective back in balance. You can maintain a spiritual point of view based on the idea that everything is exactly as it should be at this time. But don't use this line of reasoning to justify your inaction. Ultimately, working toward a significant goal will make you feel better, even if you don't see any real progress for a few more days."

Hmm....



No comments:

Post a Comment