Thursday, August 24, 2017

For the love of women


This woman moves me. I love her body, her face, her hair, her attitude. 



This woman motivates me to succeed. I want to sell her wine. 
Not her specifically, but women like her.  



Being a woman is an art. Geishas. Among many other things, it's what I like about my new job. They expect (expect) you to look your best right down to your individual manicured cuticles at all times, be your best at all times from your smile to your job performance. 

I like that.

Expectations, and when those expectations are met comes reward. It's another thing I love about Vegas, we take care of each other here. A concept Los Angeles, has long forgotten -- the old school belief that if you take care of me, I'll take care you of you, in an honest sincere way.       

People say hello to each other out here. I go for my morning runs and everyone I pass we say "good morning" to each other and smile. For no other reason than just to say good morning to each other. Unlike L.A., just try saying hello to five people you don't know on the street. See how that works out for you.;)  

Put your work ethics and expectations on me. I can take it. I love the challenge.  

It's not who you know, it's what you know. 

Maybe it's a little who you know.;)

My company takes care of their employees, but you have to work, to get work. Just ask anyone who lives here. They don't make it easy. And why should they? They'll investigate you, want a bunch of licenses from you, tear through your background and credit with a fine tooth comb, shred by shred. But with hard work comes reward.

Like...

A million discounts on everything. Cars, spas, vacations, restaurants, movies, sporting events, concerts, theme parks, shows, Starbucks (there is a God!) etc., including 20% off rooms at the Palms, and up to 35% off rooms at Red Rock. 

Who's your buddy now?;)    

Not one employer in L.A. was a grain so generous as my current employer. Ok, yes, granted I now work for a multi billion dollar company, but I've never gotten so much as a discount at Starbucks, from an L.A. employer. In all fairness, one multi (million) dollar company bought me a toaster oven for Christmas. That was nice.   

Today's my day off BUT not really, I have to run to the Nevada health department to pick up my brand spanking new LAMINATED health card. You must have a health card to work here FYI, and then I have to run to my work and so they can make a copy of it. But it's worth it. All of it. 

The only thing that was awkward was sitting in between two gentlemen yesterday at a new hire work banquet who applied for my position but (obviously) didn't get the job. Still, they got hired for other positions or they wouldn't have been at the new hire banquet. We were all super nice and humble with each other because, you know what they say, you never know who you're sitting next to. One day they might be...    

And of course there's the somm entry at ARIA in November. I never thought I'd see the day when the all (vino) knowing Aramis, said I'll probably get my wine certificates before him.  

It was kind of nice to hear actually. I think it's the nicest thing he's ever said to me. :) 

If I do get my silver-pin before Aramis, I will thank these ladies. 

Don't be surprised to see their pictures again in the not so distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment